Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stormy Weather

Please keep the people of Alabama and the Southeastern and Eastern United States in your thoughts and prayers.  We are experiencing severe weather.  Numerous tornadoes have hit Alabama with reports as high as 58 dead in Alabama.  The tornado in Tuscaloosa was reported to be a mile wide and hit along along MacFarland Boulevard; which if you know anything about Tuscaloosa, this is one of the busiest area of the city.  Many restaurants, stores and the mall are along MacFarland Boulevard.
The storms have been widespread throughout Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia.  Reports are that up to 80 or more people have died as a result of these lines of storms.  If the storms have not reached you yet, I am thinking of you guys and you are in my prayers.  Where I live, we still have a few more storms to pass through later tonight, but we are hoping that the most severe weather is passed us.

3 comments:

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

We are both off today, and watching the radars this morning...

Looks like we will get some of these too.

Anonymous said...

They hit here in VA, too, just west of me. Then tonight's storms went east of me. Maybe I'm living a charmed life. I'll be praying for everyone who's been impacted by this massive series of storms!

Peace <3
Jay

Joe said...

Luckily, where I live was not hit by the tornadoes, though they seemed to hit all around us. I am glad you guys got through the storms safely. There is still a lot of clean-up to be done. Tuscaloosa will probably never be the same.

On a lighter note, I was told that in Tuscaloosa (the home of the Univ. of Alabama) the stores ran out of beer before they ran out of water.