I wanted to share with you parts of an article from the Chronicle of Higher Education that I found very interesting. This article comes from their blog "Brainstorm: The Chronicle Review's Blog on Ideas and Culture" and concerns the upcoming gay marriage vote in the New York Legislature.
Gay Marriage: A Plea to the Legislators of New York
I recently received an email asking if I would promote a blog post about the Gay Marriage Debate. Donna Cullen who sent the email to me, thought that my readers and I would appreciate taking a look at the blogs listed. I have checked out several of the blogs mentioned, and they do seem very interesting, so I hope you will go check out this post: “Yay or Nay: Top 20 Blogs Debating Gay Marriage.”
I personally, agree with the picture above. The main thing that will happen if gays are allowed to marry is that gay people will get married. Besides, I have always thought it would be a great boost to the economy. Think about it:
- Who will throw the most fabulous weddings? Gay men.
- Who will register for beautiful (and probably expensive gifts)? Gay men.
- Who will buy those gifts? The friends and family of gay men.
How could that not be great for the economy? Weddings are expensive, let gay men and women do it with style.
Click "Read More" to see the list of the Gay Marriage Supporters from Yay or Nay: Top 20 Blogs Debating Gay Marriage.
Gay Marriage Supporters
- The Gay Marriage Blog – This is an Australian blog that covers the gay marriage debate in a very global manner, providing news updates from many different countries.
- Gay.AmericaBlog – Since this is one of the top gay rights advocacy blogs, gay marriage is certainly one of its top topics.
- 365 Gay – The blog for this website provides continual updates on news items related to gay issues, gay marriage, of course, being one of them.
- Good As You – Legalization of gay marriage is being promoted in a big way on this blog that is unapologetic in its stand on homosexuality.
- Beyond (Straight and Gay) Marriage – This blog, by the author of a book by the same title, takes the debate a step beyond gay rights and argues for rights of all and any type of family unit.
- LGBT Minute – Activism and news for the entire LBBT community is promoted on this blog. The gay marriage rights debate continues to be a hot issue.
- Believe Out Loud – This site is a gathering spot for Christians that support gay marriage and greater acceptance of gays within Christian churches.
- Straight Not Narrow – A uniquely, evangelical Christian voice in support of gay rights and gay marriage.
- Gay Politics – There are few items more central to the topic of gay politics than gay marriage rights, so you will find it to be a central theme on this blog.
- Out Front – Discussions on all LGBT issues are covered on this blog. Gay marriage is certainly not left out.
(Check out the blog post, Yay or Nay: Top 20 Blogs Debating Gay Marriage, for those who are against)