Saturday, August 13, 2011

Moment of Zen: A Day With A Book


I just finished Robert Harris's Conspirita, (which was a great book, but I wish I had read the first book in the trilogy Imperium first) and now I can't decide what to read next.  Now that school has started back, I don't have as much time to read, but on many nights, it's reading a book that allows me to fall asleep at night.  All of those worries of the day disappear as I transport myself to another world in a book.  I have a few choices for what to read next: Donna Leon's Drawing Conclusion, Greg Herren's Who Dat Whodunnit or his book Sleeping Angels, or Steve Berry's The Jefferson Key.  I will probably decide sometime today what to read, but since I know that many of you are readers also, do you have any recommendations?  What are you currently reading?

3 comments:

silvereagle said...

I really enjoy the Fannie Flagg books -- all of them, especially Red Bird Christmas from a few years ago. She incorportes real places in Alabama and the south as well.

Not deep subject matter, but refreshing!

Loki's Log said...

Finishing Geraldine Brook's Caleb's Crossing. Next on deck: Elwood Reid: If I Don't Six; Skip Horack: the Southern Cross; Emily St. Mandela: The Singer's Gun and Peter Geye: Safe from the Sea. Awesome pic in the post.

JoeBlow said...

Silvereagle, I love Fannie Flagg. Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my all-time favorite books, not to mention a fantastic movie. I absolutely love Red Bird Christmas.

Thanks for the suggestions, Loki. I will definitely look into them.