Saturday, August 13, 2011

Moment of Zen: A Day With A Book


I just finished Robert Harris's Conspirita, (which was a great book, but I wish I had read the first book in the trilogy Imperium first) and now I can't decide what to read next.  Now that school has started back, I don't have as much time to read, but on many nights, it's reading a book that allows me to fall asleep at night.  All of those worries of the day disappear as I transport myself to another world in a book.  I have a few choices for what to read next: Donna Leon's Drawing Conclusion, Greg Herren's Who Dat Whodunnit or his book Sleeping Angels, or Steve Berry's The Jefferson Key.  I will probably decide sometime today what to read, but since I know that many of you are readers also, do you have any recommendations?  What are you currently reading?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the Fannie Flagg books -- all of them, especially Red Bird Christmas from a few years ago. She incorportes real places in Alabama and the south as well.

Not deep subject matter, but refreshing!

x said...

Finishing Geraldine Brook's Caleb's Crossing. Next on deck: Elwood Reid: If I Don't Six; Skip Horack: the Southern Cross; Emily St. Mandela: The Singer's Gun and Peter Geye: Safe from the Sea. Awesome pic in the post.

Joe said...

Silvereagle, I love Fannie Flagg. Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my all-time favorite books, not to mention a fantastic movie. I absolutely love Red Bird Christmas.

Thanks for the suggestions, Loki. I will definitely look into them.