Friday, August 26, 2011

Speaking of Running Away...

If you live on the Eastern Coast of the United States and are in the path of Hurricane Irene, I hope that you will take the necessary precautions and evacuate if you are told or advised to do so.  Having lived through several hurricanes myself, including Katrina (2005) and Opal (1995), they are not something to ignore.  If you are staying and will be effected by the hurricane, please make sure that you are well stocked on water and other emergency supplies.  Please be careful and keep well informed.  All those in the path of the storm will be in my thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

fan of casey said...

Joe: I agree, being prepared is your best bet. I've been in two hurricanes in my life, and we got hit by only the outer banks so we did not get the full brunt of the storm but still it made a mess and it's not fun not having electricity for a few days.

x said...

You take good care of yourself buddy - we are bracing for the storm up here on the Hudson as well.

Uncutplus said...

Well, it turned out to not be so bad after all. I had prepared well, even expecting a long power outage, but that was only 4 hours. No damage to my trees, fences, house, and vehicles and no flooding.

The only problem was that I live in a frame house, and the wind noise sounded like gusts of 200 mph (although the max in this area was only 70 mph. The noises from the wind and the pelting rain (7 inches) kept me awake all Friday night. But I got a good nap on Saturday afternoon.

Life is good after all!

Joe said...

FOC, hurricanes and storms are no fun. We are experiencing one right now, but thankfully, it isn't too bad.

Loki, I hope you made it through Irene just fine.

Uncutplus, I'm glad it wasn't too bad.