I hope you enjoyed this Presidents' Day and that you had fun reviewing some of my posts about gay (or not) presidents. I also hope that you enjoyed the quiz. Now it is time to see if you got the answers correct.
1. What is the birth state of the most presidents?
Correct answer: Virginia
2. How many U.S. presidencies have there been?
Correct answer: 44
3. Who was the first president to live in the White House?
Correct answer: John Adams
4. Which is NOT true about Lincoln's Gettysburg Address?
Correct answer: He wrote out the address on the back of an envelope on the train to Gettysburg.
5. Fill in the missing words in the president's oath of office: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, ---, --- and --- the Constitution of the United States."
Correct answer: Preserve, protect and defend
6. True or false: George Washington owned many slaves but decided to free them in his will.
Correct answer: True
7. Who was the only president to serve two nonconsecutive terms?
Correct answer: Grover Cleveland
8. Lincoln was virtually unknown in the Republican Party in 1858 when he challenged the powerful U.S. Sen. Stephen Douglas of Illinois. The two debated seven times between July and October of that year. Which is NOT correct?
Correct answer: As a result of the debates, Lincoln beat Douglas but was only in the U.S. Senate for a short time because he beat him again to become president in 1860.
9. Four presidents were assassinated in office, and four others died from other causes. What killed William Henry Harrison?
Correct answer: Pneumonia and pleurisy
10. What was Woodrow Wilson's nickname?
Correct answer: The Professor
How well did you do?