Friday, March 2, 2012

Resolution

Though I have been left high and dry when dealing with the parents over the cheating situation, and I have been told that I am the only teacher having discipline problems (I had conversations with several teachers, and they assured me that I was not), I did get some good news today.  I was told today that it has been confirmed that our principal is on his way out.  He has accepted a job elsewhere and will not be there much longer.  I do not know how long, but I hope that he will not finish the school year.  One of my closest friends at school told me that even though I feel that I am at my rope's end, that I just need to hang in there.

I also had a conversation with a board member last night.  His advice "Give 'em hell, and stand your ground.  He would always support me."  He also gave me some advice that was very uncharacteristic of him. Though he is a religious man, he is not a Bible thumper.  He reminded me of something important to keep in mind.
These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye may have peace. In the world ye have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33 (ASV)
Jesus knew that adversity is on the outside of a person, an individual’s attitude determines whether one chooses to become bitter or better from it.  I choose to become better for the experience.  I appreciate all of the advice and support that everyone has given me through this difficult week.

6 comments:

silvereagle said...

Great news!! Glad things are working out for you....Knew it would!!

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

Thanks for sharing this... Give me hope in my situation too. Different situation but it is nice to hear good stories...

JJRod'z

Anonymous said...

Good luck--and I think that you already have great good luck in that so many fair-minded and influential folks are on your side.

Anonymous said...

Good luck--and I think that you already have great good luck in that so many fair-minded and influential folks are on your side.

fan of casey said...

Joe: That's a relief. It's good to know that doing the right things has been vindicated by a person who can influence the climate you are working in.

Uncutplus said...

I am very glad that you are getting support from the board and parents. I admire you for standing your ground. As a result, both your co-workers (faculty) and students will in time appreciate your stance and acknowledge the example you have set.