Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Books, Books, Books...


Usually, my summers are spent reading.  That's what I I'd for fun.  I,have always loved to read, and it allows your mind to wonder to a different place away from your troubles.  This summer has been a bit different though.  When school let out, I had a lot of different things to do, so there went June.  July was spent with Grandmama's illness and death.  I love mysteries most, but they generally have at least one death, which was not something I could handle after Grandmama's passing.  I tried to read a few books, but when I got to a sad part, all I could do was cry. I tend to get wrapped up in the lives of the characters, and I could not handle their sadness and my own at the same time.

Now that it is August and school starts back tomorrow, I have been back to reading more this month. So for the rest of the week, I will be discussing books.  I hope you enjoy the posts.

4 comments:

Coop said...

I just read a book called "8:55 to Baghdad". It was a travelogue where the author retraced Agatha Christie's trip(s)from England to Iraq by train. Her 2nd husband was an archaeologist and they went out there every year. The author of the book did this journey right before the US invaded Iraq.

I also finished "Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight" by Alexandra Fuller. It's about her childhood in what was once Rhodesia. I'll be reading both books again.

Writer said...

YAY, BOOKS! :)

Jay M. said...

I agree with Writer! YAY BOOKS!

Peace <3
Jay

fan of casey said...

Joe: I prefer books with a lot of pictures, preferably with lots of Bel Ami boys, preferably shirtless, hopefully pantsless. :-)