Monday, April 28, 2014

Piano Man



Since last Mondays post was sort of, in the language of Instagram, a "Man Crush Monday" post, I thought I'd do that again.  Last Monday, I wrote about my attraction to country boys.  I have to say that I really do enjoy country boys, but I also love a man with more sophistication. When I say that, I do not mean in the least that all country boys are uncouth and unsophisticated.  While many might be, some of us aren't.  I was raised a country boy in rural south Alabama.  Most anything those rough and ready country boys can do, I can do as well.  I just happen not to enjoy most of those things.  I've always loved theater and concerts and well, the arts in general.  I love to read and I love to travel and explore new places and learn new things.

My mother always wanted her children to be raised right.  She wanted us to have manners and sophistication, at least enough to be comfortable in formal surroundings.  She did quite well by me, my sister is another story.  Besides knowing which fork to use at dinner and how to be polite and graceful (I'm not always graceful, though it try), mother always believed that there was one important thing that every southern child should learn: how to play the piano.  So as the dutiful son, I took piano lessons.  My sister did too but did not stick to it as long as I did.  I enjoyed playing he piano, but only took lessons for a few years.  I wish I had taken lessons longer, but for whatever reason, I didn't.

However, I have always admired a man who could play the piano.  In fact, I find a man who is so nimble with his fingers tickling the ivory that he is surely good with his hands in a number of ways.  In the 1999 gay romantic comedy Trick, Gabriel, an office temp by day and aspiring Broadway composer by night, becomes smitten with Mark, a go-go dancer, in a gay bar with whom he makes eye contact.  One of the plots of the movie is that Gabriel and Mark spend most of the night looking for a place to be alone.  In one scene they go back to Gabriel's apartment, where Gabriel confesses a secret fantasy of his.  He's always fantasized about getting a blowjob while he plays the piano.  It turns out to not be nearly as easy or as sexy when the two characters try to play out this fantasy.  Whereas, in the movie it is not anywhere near as sexy as it sounds, I still find it to be a fantasy of mine.

So as the Billy Joel song goes:

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feeling alright

2 comments:

silvereagle said...

A bj at the piano would be a bit off key as well as very tricky....but, who knows, might be fun? Who wants to play??

Jay M. said...

I love a piano player, too. If I could go back in time and learn one thing, it would be to play the piano.

Peace <3
Jay