Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Sacrificial Lamb



I feel like I'm being led away as the sacrificial lamb.  I am taking my niece to Six Flags today.  I hate amusement parks.  I hate the crowds.  I hate the rides.  However, I love my seven year old niece, and she did make straight A's all year long.  My mother promised her a trip to Six Flags as a reward, and I get the supreme pleasure of doing something I hate with a passion.  I know it's probably wrong of me, but I hope that she's too short for the only two roller coasters that I'm "almost" willing to ride (The Great American Scream Machine and the Georgia Cyclone).  Pray for me to survive.  Especially, since it's going to be 97 degrees today and God only knows how high the heat index will be.

6 comments:

silvereagle said...

Six flags today! You will experience a bit of what hell must be like. !!

Susan said...

I do feel for you. And you need to discuss with your mother her making promises to your niece that you in turn have to fulfill.

Michael Dodd said...

Greater love than this hath no man ...

When my nephew and nieces were young enough to go to amusement parks, I lived more than a thousand miles away in a monastery and got to see them only one every year or two. That was okay, but it would be nice to have a few memories of sweaty days with screaming kids to look back on with gratitude -- that I had survived them!

JiEL said...

I just understand you so much...

I also HATE those amusement parks: here in Montreal, we have "La Ronde" where many go to. It's also Six Flags owned.

My worst scenario was when I was teaching and I had to acompagnied the students that had chosen that «activity» for the "Green Day" out of class day...

My best out of school day was the winter ones because I always volunteer to go skiing all day... All paid by the school...

In going there with your niece despite your dislike is very noble thing to do.
AND, later, you'll hear your niece tell you how those moments were memorable because her uncle was there with her...

Unknown said...

I love amusement parks, but I don't fit most rides any more.

HAVE FUN! The coasters are the BEST THING GOING!!!

Peace <3
Jay

Amanda said...

Hope you had a good day with your niece in spite of the hot weather. People watching is fun at amusement parks. :)