Thursday, November 12, 2015

I Love My Job


I can't say it enough that I love my job. I feel like I am doing good work.  I am recording people's stories and preserving them for generations to come. I think yesterday may have been one of my best days yet.  First of all, I felt so much better than I did on Tuesday.  I woke still having a headache but by mid morning it was gone.  Only three of us were at work today and after lunch we went up to the archives on the fifth floor to do some research for a new museum exhibit in the spring. Originally, I was just going to observe, and get more familiar with the archives. While my other coworkers were going through photographs for the exhibit, I was doing some spot research on different aspects of the photographs.  Then my boss asked me to research a particular aspect of the exhibit using the student newspaper.  I know reading old newspapers isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I was in heaven.  It made me so happy, and it reiterated that I really love my job.  I left work excited.  I go to work each day excited.  Not everyday is perfect.  Tuesday was torture because of my headache, but only because of my headache. Each day though, I find new and fascinating aspects to my job, and I really enjoy my coworkers.



9 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

The headline on this one made me smile. This job sounds like such a perfect fit for you. I'd be jealous except that I am happily retired. When I recall what your situation was just a few short months ago, the disappointments and now -- Thanksgiving every day!
PS -- I love old newspapers. And old letters. And ...

mess said...

Wohoo!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!

silvereagle said...

And we are all happy!!!

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad this is working out for you!!!!!

-Alan
Chattanooga, TN

Susan said...

Joe, reading this blog piece makes my heart sing! You have deserved this job and these emotions for so long. As Michael said, thinking back on what you were enduring this time last year makes me shudder. Now, there is endless possibility for joy and expectation. What a wonderful feeling getting "lost" in your work. :)

Studs said...

Wow, man... Your job sounds really interesting.
Would love to experience something like that.

Enjoy it! :)

Lenny Ricci said...

Seize the Day... Un-seize the headaches...

Lenny from Denver

Amanda said...

That's awesome! So happy for you. The world would be so much better if everybody had a job they loved with a great attitude! Enjoy your work day and upcoming weekend. :)

JiEL said...

I'm so happy for you and that this new job is so exciting.

New challenges are to come..

Funny also because my friend «Franck» from France, is going to come here in Montreal to have a bran new job as a high level translater for a big company..

He's trilled with it because he was like on welfare in France despite all his diplomas from renound university..

Your two histories are similar because he too want to rebuilt a new life in another country..
I know, you remain in the same country but must admit that Alabama and Vermont are quite not alike... LOL !!

So, I'm glad you're enjoying and having real fun in your new life..

Friendly yours
Jean-Luc