Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Fuck You, American Airlines!


Not only did they cancel my flight yesterday and were rude about it, but today when I get to the airport my plane is delayed which means I cannot meet my connection. There are apparently no other possibilities to Montgomery because Delta and American won't cooperate.  My only option was to fly into fucking Atlanta and have my sister and brother-in-law, who hates me, come pick me up in Atlanta.  Maybe I should have just made American fly me to Philadelphia and let me spend the holiday there at their expense while I tour the city. I have a feeling this is the last time I'm going to deal with American Airlines.

6 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

Sorry this happened, but personally I have come to the conclusion that after this year, I am not traveling anywhere over the holidays. Everything is overcrowded, the weather is going to be horrible somewhere, which will mess up airports everywhere. And if you are still a working dude, you have no leeway on days to go and return. Better to take a vacay during a more reasonable season and be able to enjoy your time with family and friends instead of fretting about whether you will make that return flight.

On the other hand, if this were a Hallmark Channel movie, you would run into Mr. Right in the Atlanta airport ...

Joe said...

Michael, say a prayer that I'll meet Mr. Right, but more than likely, in a Hallmark movie, he would knock me over and piss me off in the Philly airport then we'd be seated next to each other on the flight. Then ideally, it would turn in to a M/M romance novel and we'd spend the flight joining the mile high club over and over throughout the flight. LOL

silvereagle said...

Ah! The joys of airline travel...Especially in the winter and on a major holiday. My advice is don't do it again! And if you do have very flexible plans. The,airline, believe it or not, was looking out for your interest in not flying and falling to the ground. Suck it up and get over it. And if need be i can get you in Atlanta and drive over to Alabama!

Gay Groom said...

Oh no! It can only get better from here my friend.

Have a great holiday.

naturgesetz said...

It's pretty annoying how the airlines cancel flights for no apparent reason. If it's to keep from having an airplane fall to the ground, that's fine, but I'm afraid that sometimes it's because a flight is undersold, and they don't want to lose too much money on it.

Amanda said...

I hope you're able to get home safely. I hate to fly so your experience would probably have me a nervous wreck! Lol. And, did you and Michael mention Hallmark movies and m/m romance? I love it! I feel plot bunnies coming on! ;)