Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Ugh! Holiday Travel



I got a call yesterday morning from American Airlines saying that my fight out of Burlington had been cancelled and to please call back to be rescheduled. So I called and the woman I talked to said that the next American flight out was today at the same time, but it was booked and the next available flight would be at 7:58 am Chrsitmas Eve. I thought, Well, that sucks. So I asked if there were any flights from nearby airports.  Her response, "Nearby to what?" I told her that I was in central Vermont and was there anything out of New Hampshire. She hung up on me put me on hold, so I had to call back and begin again. Luckily, the guy on the phone the second time was much nicer and booked me flights from the same time today as I had yesterday, but the only difference is that I'm flying our of Manchestee, New Hampshire. Since the forecast is for thunderstorms when I land and takeoff from any of the airports (Philadelphia and Charlotte), please pray that none of these flights are cancelled and that I don't get stuck in an airport over night.

9 comments:

Susan said...

Praying for the best possible outcome, Joe. Hoping you arrive in Alabama on time, intact and dry!

Michael Dodd said...

Been there, done that, survived to tell the tale and make a funny story out of an experience that had been anything but funny while happening.

Peace be yours at Christmastide.

Piocious P/S. -- I remember another Joseph who was traveling at this time of year and things did not go exactly as he would have wanted ... and that turned out all right.

Mike said...

YOu're lucky that you were able to get same day/time flights. Merry CHristmas!!! Safe travels!!!

Amanda said...

Be safe in your travels! I'll keep praying you make it on time with no delays. :)

Anonymous said...

Hoping you have arrived safely. But, from the moment of my first flight, I have also viewed the ability to fly as a wonderful gift from God - so no anxieties.

Have a happy Christmas and may it aid you to reengage in life,

The Academic

Anonymous said...

A few posts ago you wrote the following:

My mother could stop fearing that someone would find out that she had a gay son. My father would have the one child left that he'd always loved the most anyway.

Given these statements and your fear of flying, I wonder why you would visit your family. Why not stay in Vermont and build a new family? Family doesn’t have to be biological. Family is what you make it. With that said, I hope your trip is rewarding for you.

Brother Doc said...

As of right now they are showing no airport delays anywhere east of the Mississippi--or indeed for the whole USA! So hope your travel was smooth. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Joe said...

They are still family and there are other people I'd like to see too

Joe said...

They lie!