Thursday, November 15, 2018

4 Degrees


I can’t believe that it’s just the middle of November and it’s 4 degrees outside. Four degrees, which means the wind chill is even lower. I’d love just to stay in bed today wrapped up under a blanket. However, I’m going to be teaching all morning. I’ll be teaching three classes. They will all be the same class, but I’m looking forward to it. I get to talk about one of the few times Thomas Jefferson was proven wrong. Jefferson was known for believing he was the best and brightest. It is likely he had Asperger’s syndrome, but that’s hard to prove nearly two hundred years after his death. Today will be a busy day all around, because after the classes in the morning, we have one of our public programs. It will be a talk about railroads in Vermont, and I hope it will be interesting. I know it will be interesting to train enthusiasts. After the program, I might be able to take a breath, but I’m sure there will be more to do. All this, and now it will only reach 24 degrees today.

4 comments:

bignate said...

Stay warm. It's snowing here, so the roads will be like Armageddon

Susan said...

Time to bring out the long johns, Joe. Here in NYC, we will get our first snow of the season later today, but at least our temperatures are still hovering in the 32-degree area. Take care. <3

Dave R said...

My 9 inches (snow) is more than the double the size of your 4 (degrees).

JiEL said...

I never complain about cool weather and some snow when I see all those forest fires and floods and hurricanes etc... going on in USA.