Monday, July 8, 2019

The Dentist


I hate going to the dentist. This morning, I have an appointment from 8-10 am to get work done for a crown. I’ve had one crown before and it was no fun. I don’t expect this one to be any fun either. The tooth that will be worked on is on the right side of my head, but in addition to that, I have an earache in my left ear, which I fear is an ear infection. The ear canal is swollen and I can barely hear out of it. Top all that off with a headache, and you have me being pretty miserable.

4 comments:

naturgesetz said...

I've had several crowns. I wouldn't call any of it "fun," but for me the most unpleasant part is the novocaine. The needle hurts, but then the work itself is basically painless. It's uncomfortable having to keep my mout open, and there's some pressure and tugging at times, but overall I didn't find it really bad. Having the ear and headache problems while the work is being done would certainly make for an overall unpleasant time.

I hope the headache and earache clear up soon and the crown fits properly and works well.

Dave R said...

Actually, I don't mind going to the dentist. It seems I have a high pain tolerance and I have to keep from falling asleep.

Dylan said...

I hope you feel better soon, Joe! I must have a root canal soon and I am not looking forward to it.

Joe said...

Dylan, the root canal wasn’t too bad. The dentist had me so numb, I never felt a thing. In fact at one point I even dozed off. The only painful part was the Novocain shots.