Thursday, September 5, 2019

Pride Ball



Saturday night is the Pride Ball. There will be fifteen drag performers and two DJs. It should be a fun party. I had debated going because I had a full schedule Friday and Sunday. However, I changed my mind.

Nearly four years ago on the day before my birthday when I had first moved to Vermont, one of my closest friends died in a car accident. I was beyond devastated, and I couldn’t even blog for a while. It took me a long time to get over his death. You might ask why I’m telling you this. Well, Saturday would have been his 29th birthday. He was always a huge advocate of me putting myself out there, so in honor of him, I plan to go to Pride Ball, even if it’s by myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I plan to go to Pride Ball, even if it’s by myself."

Please go, put yourself out there. Continue to be your best company. Yes, a man is nice to share the mundane events of life, conversation... As you know, you don't need a man to make you whole.

I speak from experience. I have put myself out there on many occasions. A few occasions were unpleasant. I could use descriptors of devastating, tragic...but I want to rain in the diva today. I don't mind going for coffee, restaurants, movies, trips, outings, meet-ups...by myself. I may bump into prince charming. If not, so be it. At least I gave it a shot.

Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Happy Hunting! Be charming and respectful this is not Dynasty.

lunchbox said...

wow