Sunday, October 6, 2019

New Heart



A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (KJV) ( Ezekiel 36:26 ) 

Does being “good enough” for God feel impossible?  The truth is, on our own we can never do enough good to measure up to God’s standards.  God realizes our great need for Him! When we accept Him into our lives, He graciously offers us a new heart and spirit.  It’s only by His strength we can serve our great God! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe,

I'm not an overtly religious individual.
It is amazing that when I experience dark
thoughts and reality, you will list a quote that is
remarkably uplifting!

Thanks
Alexander

Jão said...

I think Alexander has a point.
God was His way of doing things, and only Him know why.
Many times I guess human beings tend to blame Him, because things go wrong or other ways different of what we planned. In fact, many times, things tend to go throught dark times, moments of solitude in a sad way, moments when we feel its better to give up.
In His infinite love for us, God shows us that in faith and hope we can find strenght and always a new opportunity to surpass the difficulties.