Thursday, November 14, 2019

Boston



Today I leave for Boston. I’ll be there until Sunday. This is the last stop for our traveling exhibit and the last of the bicentennial galas that we’ll be attending. Originally, I was supposed to go to San Francisco for the final gala in January, but the powers that be have so poorly managed the finances for these galas that they can’t afford to have me or the exhibit there. I don’t understand how they are getting away with losing over $100K per gala, but they are. I don’t think they know what they are doing. Anyway, my boss and I are going down today to set up the exhibit early in Faneuil Hall for today and tomorrow before we transport it over to our hotel where we will set it up for Saturday night. I really dread this trip not only because my boss is a cheap ass, but because all of the galas have basically been disasters behind the scenes, even though they seem to go off without a hitch. Thank God, it’s the last one.

4 comments:

BosGuy said...

Sorry the weather is so terribly (and unseasonably) cold right now in Boston. If you have any questions or need any tips on things to do feel free to email me at bosguymail@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Joe, you will remember that you wrote that your current boss was the most undesirable of the candidates for the job - you were clearly justified. MOVE! Roderick

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Congratulations. You are about to clear the final gauntlet.
Sorry you will miss San Francisco. What does the savory ass
in the glass overlooking Las Vegas have to do with Boston?
Alexander

Joe said...

BosGuy, thanks for the offer. Sadly, there won’t be much leisure time on this trip. They’ve got us pretty busy.

Roderick, yeah, my boss isn’t the best, but it could have been worse.

Alexander, the guy in the pic is just a guy in a hotel room, which is what I’ll be sleeping in the next few days.