Monday, December 6, 2021

Pitter Patter

There are certain actors that make my heart go pitter patter and can take my breath away when I see them on the screen. Wilson Cruz as Dr. Hugh Culber on Star Trek: Discovery is one of them, and the new uniform this season makes him even hotter. There’s something about these new uniforms that just look great, no matter who is wearing them, but back to Cruz. When he played Enrique "Rickie" Vasquez, a troubled, gay teen, in the short-lived series My So-Called Life, Cruz was the first openly gay actor to play an openly gay character in a leading role in an American television series. That was in 1994, and I was a junior in high school. While I may not have been out, or even understood that I was gay back then, Cruz still made an impression on me. So when he was cast in Discovery as a gay doctor, I was thrilled. Who better to play one of the first two openly gay Star Trek characters than such a groundbreaking actor. Also, while over the four seasons of Discovery Cruz’s role has become more important each year, his character in the fourth season seems to have really hit its stride. Dr. Bashir on Deep Space Nine and Dr. McCoy on the original Star Trek have always been my favorite Star Trek doctors, Dr. Culber has surpassed them.

There are other actors that always get me hot and bothered. One of those actors is Luke Macfarlane. You’re probably all going, “Who?” Macfarlane first notable role was as Scotty Wandell on ABC's Brothers & Sisters from 2006-2011. He was the husband to Kevin Walker (played by Matthew Rhys), one of the "brothers" of the show. He was also a main character in the Sci-Fi Channel (and Canada’s Space Channel) show Killjoys from 2015-2019. Also, if you watch any Hallmark Channel Christmas movies, he’s on of their go-to actors. Most recently he was in the Micheal Urie and Kathy Najimy Christmas movie on Netflix Single All the Way as the gorgeous fitness/ski instructor James (see above picture). I watched the movie last night and enjoyed it. I have not seen Macfarlane in a lot of stuff since I had seen him in Killjoys, but when he came on the screen in Single All the Way, I think my heart literally skipped a beat.

There are many gay actors that I love, and a few that aren’t gay, that make my heart go pitter patter. One that never fails me is Colton Haynes. I have been in love with him since I first saw pictures of him making out with another male model in the now defunct XY Magazine. Years later,  he was in Teen Wolf and Arrow. What’s amazing about Haynes is that he’s been a successful model and actor but has also suffered from severe anxiety all of his life. Sadly, he dealt with that anxiety with drugs and alcohol, but as I understand it, he is finally sober and doing well these days.

So what actors, particularly gay ones, make your heart go pitter patter?

11 comments:

BosGuy said...

Matt Bomer has such classic good looks and is so talented, that I've always found him attractive.

Joe said...

BosGuy, I completely agree about Matt Bomer. He is very handsome.

JiEL said...

Colton Haynes is surely THE ONE that makes my heart and guts turn round and round.

He is such a cute man and I specially like his little ears which are one of my fantasy. Men with such cute little special ears make my knees failing. Not to forget that all of him is very desirable.

Anonymous said...

Russell Tovey. Woof!

JiEL said...

@Anon,

YESSS.... Russell Tovey is another one that is making me water from all my body parts with such cute litte ears too and a body to die for.

uvdp said...

At least we will have learned that Jiel is an oracolophile ( ears lover ) .

JiEL said...

@uvdp,

Thank you to have found the name of my fantasy. I'm a French speaking man from Montréal so I had no idea of how to say it in English.

Must also admit that there are many more other body parts that are attractive for me.

The most attrative one is a good educated brain ...

Blobby said...

First off - LOVE 'My So-Called Life'. It took forever, but got it on DVD, which now seems amusing. As for actors who tickle my fancy? Jonathan Groff (gay), Aaron Eckart (not), Dominic Purcell (not) and Tuc Watkins (gay).

Dillon said...

My favorite gay actor is probably Jim Parsons, but Colton Haynes and Wentworth Miller are the ones I am most attracted to.

uvdp said...

I propose to The Closet Professor do a poll on fantasies

VRCooper said...

Joe: Mark Ruffalo---Paul Rudd---Rynn Eggold-did you see his butt in jeans in the BlackKlannsMan---Scott Speedman---Chris Carmack-sex on a stick---