Pages

Monday, August 10, 2026

A Slow Start to Monday

It’s Monday again, and I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I slept fine, or at least I seemed to have slept well. Isabella still got me up at her usual 4 a.m., but after I fed her, I went back to bed—and, surprisingly, back to sleep. I slept for another hour and a half, which is very unusual for me.

Even after that extra sleep, I still did not want to get out of bed. Part of it, I know, is the beginning of a migraine. I have a meeting this morning that I really don’t want to put off, so I’m going to get through that and reassess how I’m feeling afterward. Hopefully, the migraine won’t amount to much and the extra sleep this morning helped rather than simply delayed the inevitable.

It’s not the most auspicious start to my work week, but hopefully things will get better as the day goes along. Sometimes Mondays just require a little more effort to get moving.

Have a great week, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Blond hair & a blond but!
    William NS

    ReplyDelete
  2. you simply can't take stress as the incipient migraine shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stress bothers me, but the weather bothers me more. We’re expecting rain tonight. I usually have a migraine for the 24 hours before a storm hits.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I always want to know what you have to say. However, I have a few rules:
1. Always be kind and considerate to others.
2. Do not degrade other people’s way of thinking.
3. I have the right to refuse or remove any comment I deem inappropriate.
4. If you comment on a post that was published over 14 days ago, it will not post immediately. Those comments are set for moderation. If it doesn't break the above rules, it will post.