I got to sleep late this morning—or at least what counts as sleeping late for me. I fed Isabella and went back to bed, and somehow managed to sleep until 5:30. I almost never get to sleep that late, and I probably could have slept even longer if Isabella hadn’t decided enough was enough. She has her schedule, after all, and apparently me sleeping late is not part of it. Eventually, I gave in to her persistence and got out of bed.
The only reason I could allow myself the luxury of going back to sleep in the first place is that I’m going into work late this morning. Before heading to the museum, I have to stop by my doctor’s office to have blood drawn for some routine tests. Unfortunately, that means I’m fasting, so I’m really missing my morning cup of coffee. Water just doesn’t quite have the same effect first thing in the morning.
Once I finally get to work, I’ll probably make myself a cup of tea and have a late breakfast. By then, I suspect I’ll be more than ready for both.
At least it’s Friday, and I’m definitely looking forward to the weekend. The weather is supposed to be beautiful, with sunny days that should make the fall colors look even more spectacular. This is one of the most beautiful times of year in Vermont, when the mountains and hillsides turn brilliant shades of red, orange, and gold.
After a busy few weeks, a quiet weekend with some sunshine and beautiful fall scenery sounds pretty wonderful to me. I hope everyone has a great Friday and an equally wonderful weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting. I always want to know what you have to say. However, I have a few rules:
1. Always be kind and considerate to others.
2. Do not degrade other people’s way of thinking.
3. I have the right to refuse or remove any comment I deem inappropriate.
4. If you comment on a post that was published over 14 days ago, it will not post immediately. Those comments are set for moderation. If it doesn't break the above rules, it will post.