Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Some Approximation of Awake

I stayed home yesterday with a migraine, and unfortunately, it’s still not completely gone this morning. I’m feeling better than I did yesterday, but I’m definitely not back to 100 percent. If I didn’t have so much to do, I could very easily convince myself to stay home again today.

Unfortunately, I have several upcoming classes to prepare for, and there’s only so much I can put off before the work starts piling up. Sometimes, even when you know another day of rest would probably do you good, responsibilities have other ideas. So, unless this migraine decides to take a turn for the worse, I’ll be heading into work and doing my best to get through everything that needs to be done.

At least Isabella was kind enough to let me sleep in a little this morning. I’m not sure whether that was an act of feline generosity or simply an oversight on her part, but I’ll take it. Now I’m awake—or at least some approximation of awake—with a cup of coffee in hand, trying to convince myself that I’m ready to face the day.

Hopefully, the coffee will work its magic, the lingering migraine will continue to fade, and I can have a productive day without overdoing it. Right now, though, I’d much rather crawl back into bed.

But the day awaits, so I suppose it’s time to get moving.

No comments: