Monday, October 10, 2011

LGBT History Month Icons Oct. 8th - 11th

Dan Choi - Saturday, October 8th
“Action and sacrifice speak much more loudly than the best crafted, eloquent speech.”

Dan Choi was the nation’s leading activist for the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.” More

Aaron Copland - Sunday, October 9th
“To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable.

Aaron Copland was a world-renowned composer, teacher, writer, and conductor. More

Alan Cumming - Monday, October 10th
“We need to do everything we can to counteract hatred and shame and we need to be strong in this fight.”

Alan Cumming is an award-winning film, television and Broadway actor. More

Rabbi Denise Eger - Tuesday, October 11th
“I believe God made me just as I am. That is all I need to know, that I am exactly who God created me to be!”

Rabbi Denise Eger is one of the first openly gay rabbis. More

No comments: