Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Not Enough Time in the Day


The above picture is what I would love to be doing today: curled up with HRH, The Queen (codename for my cat, who is named after a real queen of England), catching up on my sleep. However, it seems like there are not enough hours in the day to get it all done and get some sleep. I am teaching a new class this week, sort of. The senior honors English class at my high school is learning a subject in which I have a particular expertise. It's part of my dissertation, and I am having a great time, actually presenting part of my dissertation to these kids (They are learning something that they would not normally have been taught, and I hope that it will bring an interest to the subject that wasn't there before). As I said, I am having fun with it because I am finally able to teach something that I have spent years studying. However, I don't want to go in their unprepared, so it's taking up a bit of my time. Plus, I teach my regular English class at the same time as this class, so I have to have plenty of work for them to do while I am in the honors class this week. Ah, the joys of teaching...

4 comments:

silvereagle said...

High SchoolStudents receiveing a college PHD disseertation in their class room study! If they only knew how fortuante they were, then they would know the real joy of the teacher!!!

Great!!

Unknown said...

It has to be more interesting than what I remember from how banal my senior English course was. I'd love to hear more about your thesis!

Also, curling up on the bed with a kitty, sound wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Where were you when I was taking 11th grade english? Somehow I bet I would have paid a lot more attention to you.

Peace <3
Jay

fan of casey said...

Joe: Your kitty is so cute!