Now quite frankly, this is my own brainstorming and truly what I believe; however, it points to my reasons for looking at more social issues as opposed to economic issues that causes me to question the current political landscape of Republican candidates. Quite frankly, and excuse my bluntness, but we seem to be "up shit creek without a paddle" and, needless to say, our choices for presidential candidates stink to high heaven. There is so much rhetoric and sound-bite pandering, until we look as if we have a group of the ridiculous running against the even more ridiculous. So my questions are:
- What are we to do?
- What issues should we be looking at?
- If politics really is about the lesser of two evils, who is the least evil?
- Can we afford to have a Republican who is going to do all he can to roll back the major steps we have made in GLBT rights?
- What are your opinions on the issues?
- What are you looking for in a candidate?
- Will you merely settle for the incumbent Democrat, Obama?
- Why can't we find a third alternative?
- Shouldn't there be some moderates out there, since both the Democrats and Republicans are taking things to the extremes on the Left and Right?
I am eager to hear what you guys have to say. I have never, since I first voted, had such a quandary of who to vote for. And the be completely honest, I sincerely doubt that I will vote in the Republican Primary. I have always voted in the Democratic Primary, but where I live, the important ballot will be the Alabama Republican Primary on March 13, 2012, though there are some important local and state races, so I will have to decide when the sample ballots are posted, which primary I will vote in.