Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving Day is usually filled with family and food.  There are many LGBT out there who are without their families because of the hate and bigotry that exists in this world.  I hope those who cannot be with their families, for whatever reasons, have wonderful friends with whom to share this day of Thanksgiving, and I hope they feel the love that I send their way.

I wanted this post to be about all that I am thankful for this year.  In many ways, it's been a year of loses, with the passing of my aunt at the beginning of the year and the passing of my beloved HRH a little over two months ago.  There have been some bright spots though.  With my birthday, (it's this Sunday), I will begin a new year of my life with hope and promise for a wonderful future.  I am so thankful for my family.  They may drive me crazy at times, but I love them and they love me.  I am thankful for the love and companionship provided by my dear kittens Edith and Lucy, who will never replace HRH, but they are wonderful and joyous companions.  I am thankful for the wonderful people with whom I have the pleasure to work.  I'm even thankful for my students, because without them, how could I teach.  I am thankful to be alive and in a happy point in my life.  Most of all, I am thankful for my many friends in my life.  Some of them are people I've never met in person, but have formed a connection with through my blog.  For them, I want to say, you are as important to me and as loved by me as if you were a friend I saw everyday.  I love you all!  Thank you for being my friends.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

9 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you for today's post and for this always excellent blog, Joe. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and those sweet kittens.

dl.miley said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Joe. I have enjoyed your blog for several years and make it a part of my morning to read it as I start my day. I love the variety of your articles on different subjects and, of course, the photos you post with them.

naturgesetz said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Joe.

MAC said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! XOXO MAC

Amanda said...

Happy Thanksgiving Joe!! What a wonderful post and even better blog. It has brought me much joy in reading it and I'm thankful for your friendship! This is a good reminder to enjoy each day and what we may take for granted on a day to day basis. So, enjoy your day of family and food and give those kitties an extra hug from me. :)

David Jeffreys said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Joe! Seems like yesterday we started out blogs, but there has been a lot of water over the dam.

2014 has been a tough year for me with months in and out of the hospital and rehab, but now there is some gradual be it slow improvement.

Sorry about HRH as she was so close to you for many years.

silvereagle said...

And THANKS to you for writing this wonderful post every day for your family of readers!!

Jay M. said...

And the same to you, Joe! HAPPY THANKSGIVING! What a wonderful day to thank people like you for being my friend! THANK YOU!!!

Peace <3
Jay

Anonymous said...

Happy Day of Thanks. And thank you for these wonderful posts, for your willingness and openness to share with all of us your perspective and your life. Much love, Ethan