Friday, May 29, 2015

A Big Thanks


  
I want to thank all of you for your love, support and prayers this last week.  Also, I want to thank you for your many great suggestions.  I've looked into mos tod them and have been preparing application materials for them.  Many of you have sent personal emails, and I promise that I will answer them as soon as I can, hopefully, sometime this weekend.  I have largely been concentrating on getting out applications this week.  When I had my job, I mostly used my school laptop for work, but now I'm using mine which is Windows 8, instead of Windows 7 like the one at school.  Let me just say, Microsoft has to come up with something better than Windows 8.  It is absolutely the most frustrating operating system that I have ever dealt with.  I'm afraid the next version might be worse.  As for browsers, I love Google Chrome, but for some reason it just won't work with my version of Windows 8, so I have to use internet explorer, which is so frustrating.  I do as much as I can on my iPad, but you cannot email multiple attachments in the same email.  If you can, I've yet to figure it out.
By the time I got to a stopping place yesterday, I had such a massive headache that I just went to bed.  If Macs were even remotely affordable, I might get one just to save on the headache of using Windows 8. Obviously, computer retailers know that Windows 7 is a superior operating system to Windows 8, because if you want a computer with Windows 7 instead of Windows 8, you almost end up paying twice as much.  I'll get it figured out and get applications sent out.  I've already sent out about a dozen.  There are a few of them that I would really love to have, so I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed.
You know, this time last week, I had been planning on writing book reviews for most of my posts this week.  The book reviews though have needed up,on the backburner for the time being.  Maybe I can write some this weekend, since I need to schedule posts for next week because my boyfriend is taking me to New Orleans.  And speaking of my boyfriend, he did something incredibly sweet last Saturday.  He took me to dinner at the restaurant on the mountain that we'd gone to during spring break.  He said that it had been a happy place for us, and he thought I needed a happy place.  I'm so lucky to have this wonderful man in my life.
P.S. Sorry about this ranting and rambling post.

11 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

Your boyfriend sounds great.

Susan said...

This post is beautiful, Joe. After one week you are already starting to get your feet back under you; it will only get better. And your boyfriend is a dream. I'm sure he feels equally lucky to have found you.

As for Windows 8, I feel for you. Thankfully both my home computers are Windows 7. I just pray nothing goes awry and I can keep them running until I get a look at what comes after Windows 8. At this point I'm confident Microsoft knows now it was a huge a misstep. Users have been vocal!

Rachel said...

It's great to see you like that :) And how sweet is your boyfriend! You both are lucky to have each other :)

As for windows 8, I couldn't agree more! I wanted to break my laptop when I bought it with w8...

Have you tried re-installing Chrome? Have you upgraded to windows 8.1? (I would be a little cautious regarding this one)
Here's a guide regarding Chrome. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/installing-chrome-on-windows-8-everything-you-need-to-know/
If all of these don't work, you could try to google and find a myriad of guides which probably include your specific problem.

Enjoy the weekend!

Joe said...

Thanks Rachel, I will try these suggestions. I'd tried to uninstall Chrime so that I could reinstall it but it says it's already running and can't be uninstalled, but when I opened test manager it says it's not running. It's so frustrating, but I'll figure it out.

JiEL said...

Just to give you more hope, Windows 10 is coming soon and some of my «tech friends» have tried the Beta version and told me that it's amazingly better....

More, Windows 10 is more like Windows 7 and did make navigation and installation of softwares more easy.

I heard that Microsoft even thought of giving it for free because many are buying a new computer (which I did last October with Windows 8.1 already intaller on my new HP computer..).

There is hope that Microsoft will «at last» put a «trouble-free» computer management software...

PS- I personaly HATE Google Chrome, question of my taste...

Michael Dodd said...

When my previous laptop died the death, I had to get a new one and Windows had just come out. For the first two weeks, I had to remind myself that if I stuffed the new computer down the toilet, it would mess up the plumbing. But I adjusted, they made some changes and so it goes. The tech world will always be thus. It's how they make their money -- and their customers crazy.

Loftyone said...

I've been reading your posts for sometime from the UK and appreciate what you write. I am speechless re how you were dismissed and how that is even possible and wish you all the best in your job search. And yes, Windows 8 is totally dreadful. :(

Unknown said...

Good start!

Get 8.1. It's much better. And I agree, 8.x sux! And now I have to deal with Server 2012 which uses the same interface. UGH!

If you need more specific info than what I sent, let me know.

Peace <3
Jay

Amanda said...

What a sweet boyfriend! Enjoy your time together and just relax. And I know how frustrating Windows can be. Hopefully the new version will be better.

Anonymous said...

I live in New Orleans metro area and would love to meet you and the boyfriend, if possible.

Joe said...

Anon, send me an email (jec1918@gmail.com) and maybe we will be able to.