Friday, May 8, 2015

Long Day



As many of you know, I wrote my posts the night ahead and schedule them for 7 am each morning.  If ever they don't post at 7 am, then something didn't work the way it was supposed to work.  As I was writing this at 8:15 pm, last night, I just got home from a 12 hour day at work.  Anyone who rethinks teachers are finished at 3 pm everyday are sadly mistaken.  We often bring home work, or have school functions we must attend.  I love about 40 minutes from work, so when we have a function at night, it's not worth it to drive home, so I spent the time catching up on a few things.
By the time I got home and dealt with my crazy family for a few minutes, I am dead tired, have a headache and am going to bed early.  I'm just ready for Saturday morning because I have a all day long date with my boyfriend.  I can't wait.  I haven't gotten to see him since last Sunday, but we will get to spend next week together.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Joe,
I'm sure that long day with your boyfriend will more than make up for the long day at school. Sending you good thoughts that your time on Saturday is headache-free. And yay for next week! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe:

I know the feeling. I live 50 minutes away from the church that I serve and on Wednesday nights and after events, I'm exhausted from either remaining at the office or from the extra commute. Hope you get some rest.

PS: I'm glad I found your blog. I can relate so much to your journey. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Hope you and the BF have a great and refreshing time!

Unknown said...

I am thankful my week is over, too. It was cray-cray. Tomorrow the boy is coming over, so I am excited. We have a bunch of fun stuff to do, and he's spending the night!

Hope things even out a bit as the year winds down. Fewer headaches that way. And believe me, I know how much teachers do, in and out of the classroom!

Peace <3
Jay

silvereagle said...

Greetings and enjoy the weekend ahead of you my friend and remember that summer is only days away and you will be away from some of the pressure as well.

No boyfriend here, but lots and lots of great looking Spanish, and others as well, men on the streets of Madrid, so come over for a rest...worth it for sure!!!