Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Way to a Man's Heart...


The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.  I really do believe this old adage.  Growing up, I loved to watch Mama and Grandmama cook.  I learned so much from them, and then I expanded my knowledge by Food Network and experimenting with different flavors.  By experimenting and learning what spices are best used with what and how t blend flavors, I can often eat a dish once and then replicate it.  My cooking skills is something that I take pride in, even though I know pride is one of the seven deadly sins.
I love cooking for others.  I have had the tremendous joy this week to be able to cook for my boyfriend.  We are getting to spend time with one another while I am house sitting.  My boyfriend makes me so happy.  I've been able to to cook each night for him, and he's so appreciative of my cooking.  It seems to make him happy, which is always my goal when I cook for someone.
I've hear all my life what a good husband I will make, but when I cook, I do so because I love it.  I truly do love to cook, and I love to experiment and am especially happy when trying something new pays off.  I don't know if any of you love cooking, but it's a wonderful pastime.  And most importantly, it makes other people happy.

4 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

Lucky you to love to cook and to do it well. Lucky boyfriend, too. I enjoy cooking, too, and used to teach the new guys in the monastery how to prepare a simple, healthy meal to feed ten or twelve. My husband is a great cook and our evening meal is something I can always look forward to: good food, a recap of the day, time together.

Susan said...

I love your post today, Joe. So much joy in it: your love of cooking plus the extra thrill of sharing it with your boyfriend. I wish this ideal situation could last longer than the house-sitting. Perhaps in the future...

Unknown said...

I love to cook. I can be adventurous or stick to the recipes.

You can be my husband any day!!!

Peace <3
Jay

naturgesetz said...

I like to cook. The only problem is I'm too painstaking and slow, so everything takes a long time. The good cooks seem to be able to do things quickly, almost slapdash. Not me.