Saturday, August 22, 2015

Moment of Zen: A Good Book


About 4 p.m. yesterday, I got an email from a friend of mine.  She suggested that I check out a book review she had just read.  She said that she thought I might be interested in the book.  I clicked on the link, and it was a review for Jamie Fessenden's By That Sin Fell the Angels.  Once I read the review, I knew it was a book I wanted to read (if you read the review, you'll see why she thought of me).  The book is available on Kindle so I downloaded the sample to see if I'd really like it or not.  By the time I finished the sample, I wanted more, so I got the whole book.  I'm a slow reader so it usually takes me a while to read a book, but this one I sat down and read from start to finish with barely a break.  I just needed to know how it ended, and I finished just before midnight.  I've only ever done that with one book before, The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.  By That Sin Fell the Angels was really that good. I'm sorry it ended.  I've never read a book by Fessenden, but I know I'll be checking out more of his books.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Jamie Fessenden does write an excellent story. I highly recommend two others: Billy's Bones, and Murder on the Mountain. I don't read everything he writes, but these two are outstanding.