Saturday, August 1, 2015

Moment of Zen: A Productive Week


I've had what I would consider a pretty productive week.  I told my mother that I couldn't help out with my granny this week, because I had to get in more job applications (though I did go,stay with her for a few hours yesterday).  I have submitted well over a dozen job applications to museums, historical societies, and colleges.  Please keep your fingers crossed that one of these leads to something.  I wasn't as productive on my novel as I would have liked to have been, but I spent nearly all of my waking hours fine tuning job applications, cover letters, resumes, and CVs.

Shortly after I lost my job, a dear friend of mine and one of my regular readers sent me a very sweet letter and a quote.  I've been wanting to share this quote, and I think now is a good time:
"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do.  Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." --Ella Fitzgerald 
When I get discouraged, I look at that quote and remember the words my friend wrote in his note, "Ella knew what she was talking about."  Thanks, TG, you like many of my readers are a true inspiration to me.  You have been there in my time of need, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

4 comments:

Susan said...

That is an excellent quote, Joe. You have been putting in so much hard work. It has to come to fruition soon. Keeping fingers and toes crossed. :)

R.J. said...

Joe,

I am so glad that I found your blog while looking for blogs of other closeted teachers. I am sorry to hear that you are unemployed, but it looks like you have had a very distinguished teaching career. I am sure that you will find the perfect job for you!

Stay encouraged!

R.J.

naturgesetz said...

Here's hoping you'l get a job that is just right for you, one which will bring you happiness.

Unknown said...

Joe,

I have been through what you are going through. I am sure something will break for you. In my case it was in a field that I never dreamed I would be in, but it worked out fine and I was never unemployed again after that.

Have you been in touch with an employment agency? That is where I got my good lead.

Andy