Friday, August 28, 2015

So Far, So Good


The only way I can describe yesterday's interview was that it seemed to be a complete success.  I laid on my southern charm, and I think they loved it.  This job is so far north, it's almost in Canada, but one of the interviewers was from Tennessee.  This museum has a staff of five people, if hired, I'd make the fifth, and all four people at the museum were part of the interview process.  They seemed extremely nice, and if I get this job, they will be a wonderful group to work with.

They seemed very impressed with my credentials and my attitude.  The only thing I lacked was experience with the actual software they are using with this project, but they were impressed that I had researched the software and that I had contacted a former professor who does use the software and asked for his advice.  They were also impressed that I had started a drama club at my last school and felt that it would be very beneficial since this program is still in its infancy, and I had shown that I could build a program and make it a success.  This job has nothing to do with drama, it's strictly a history job, but I liked that they recognized how other talents and experience could be very beneficial.

The bottom line is this, in my opinion, I do not think that the interview could have gone better.  I was told that they have two other candidates to interview next week, and that they hoped to bring one of us up the next week and then have the person on the job two weeks after that.  It's a short timeline, but I let them know that I am ready and willing to be there and get to work.

Please keep me in your prayers.  I keep asking God that if this job is His will, then let all go well.  Today it did go exceptionally well.  And let's hope that those other two candidates suck, lol.

Thank you all for your support.  It means the world to me.

11 comments:

Susan said...

Joe, I can't imagine you could have been better prepared or more engaging during the interview. Taking that extra step to seek out and research the software shows initiative, and that's never a bad thing. There's no doubt you would be an excellent fit in this position. New we just have to wait and see...

silvereagle said...

Sounds good and very promising!!!

JiEL said...

You did a fabulous impression I'm sure and I'm crossing my fingers that you'll have one of those position.

Must tell you that when I was interviewed for the teacher's job I've told you yesterday, I was told afterward, that they've done a enquiry on me by some people that were in my city before.
That job was 13hours distance from my original city.

So, I'm sure they've already know how much you you're the BEST for this work.

I'm with you and praying.

Amanda said...

I have no doubt you did wonderfully! Keeping my fingers crossed and prayers going! :)

Michael Dodd said...

Glad it went so well. Here's hoping! No matter what, you have good reason to be proud of yourself for how you prepared for this and how you handled it. Great job there!

Unknown said...

Best wishes!

Nikki said...

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Prayers with you

Marsha said...

So totally keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Mike said...

Very excited at this promising opportunity. I'll say a prayer that it comes through for you.

naturgesetz said...

Hoping and praying for what's best for you, which this job certainly seems to be.