Monday, August 17, 2015

Sometimes...



Sometimes, there just isn't much to say.  Today is one of those days.  Part of the reason is because I had a headache all day yesterday, and it just hurt to think.  As I said in my post Saturday, I did not get the job that I'd gone in for a second interview for on Friday.  It was not particularly a job I wanted, but it would have been a job that would have paid benefits.  Turns out that one of the positions I'd interviewed for the week before had actually been hired before interviews were conducted.  I'm pretty sure that's how Friday's interview was also. The whole process was for show, and it pisses me off that my time was wasted.  Sadly, that's how some things work.  So I'm even more thankful that I didn't get the job after the massive four hours wasted of my time on Friday.  Yes, I did say four hours for this second "interview."  It's a long story and one that pisses me off too much to retell.

I'd much prefer the job I am interviewing for tomorrow though.  I have no idea what it pays, though because it is full-time with a fairly significant organization, I am assuming that it will have benefits.  I do know what it will have to pay for me to be able to accept the job, but I will have to wait and see how the interview goes.  The job would basically be to do what I'm currently doing in my volunteer job, but I'd be getting paid for it.

Here's a quote that a friend of mine sent me.  It's one I'm trying to remember:

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

So that's about it for now.

6 comments:

mess said...

i'll be thinking about you
-tess

Susan said...

Excellent quote, Joe. So sorry about the headache...again. Hope you feel better for tomorrow. Sending all the support your way. Take care.

Nikki said...

Pulling for you...

silvereagle said...

Hang in there !

RB said...

Every time you interview it's good practice and you usually learn something. The more you interview, the better you become at it. So not a waste of time.

Unknown said...

Good luck!!!

Peace <3
Jay