Tuesday, May 10, 2016

If Tears Could Build A Stairway



If Tears Could Build A Stairway
Author: Unknown

If tears could build a stairway, 
and memories a lane.
I would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you back again.

A thousand words won't bring you back,
I know because I've tried;
And neither will a million tears,
I know because I've cried.

Remembering you is easy, 
I do it every day. 
My missing you is heartache 
that never goes away.

No farewell words were spoken,
No time to say "Goodbye".
You were gone before I knew it,
and only God knows why.

My heart still aches with sadness,
and secret tears still flow.
What it meant to love you -
No one can ever know.

But now I know you want me
to mourn for you no more;
To remember all the happy times
life still has much in store.

Since you'll never be forgotten,
I pledge to you today~
A hollowed place within my heart
is where you'll always stay.

No one knows who wrote this poem, and there are numerous variations, but if you've lost someone dear to you then you know how this poem covers many of the emotions of loss. I usually don't post anonymous poems, but a dear friend sent me this one (actually a variation of it). After she sent it, I knew I wanted to use it. It's feelings that I have felt over and over.

2 comments:

Susan said...

A truly heartfelt poem, Joe. Thank you for sharing it. My wish for you is to continue to concentrate on the last two stanzas. <3

GuyDads said...

A touching poem. But, OMG, one could build a stairway on that guy's abs.