Monday, May 30, 2016

Montreal



I had great fun in Montreal. On Saturday, I walked St. Catherine Street and did some shopping and explored the Gay Village. That evening, I met our blog friend JiEL at Sky bar where we had a pitcher of Sangria before he took me on a more extensive tour of the Gay Village. We stopped in a bar called Campus where there were nude dancers (lots of fun). Then we headed to dinner at Toro Rosso, which was one of the best meals I've ever had. I had the linguine pescatore and it was delicious. After dinner we went back to Campus where they were having the Best Butt of 2016 contest. Brandon Jones, the model above, was the host for the evening. I personally think he has a pretty nice butt, but there were some fine ones on display. Afterwards, I was a little naughty and got a lap dance from one of the dancers we'd seen perform. I will not go into detail on that one, except to say that it was a lot of fun.

Yesterday was Montreal Museum Day, where many of the museums were free and open to the public.  After visiting Basilica Notre-Dame, I went to the Museum of Archeology and History. I realized that the museums were very crowded, so I didn't try for any others. Instead, I found a place for brunch. I won't say that the brunch was anything to write home about, but the Bloody Mary I had was fantastic. If I had known what a Bloody Caesar was, I might have tried one, but I stuck with a Bloody Mary.  My feet were aching, so I headed back to my room to rest for a little while and put up my feet before heading out to Oasis Sauna. The sauna had lots of eye candy, but I'm not sure it was for me.

I know it may sound like I was a little wild and naughty on this trip, but sometimes you just have to let your hair down and try some new experiences. Needless to say, I had a blast.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Joe you needed it.

Susan said...

Wow, Joe, it does sound like you had some good times. And being a connoisseur myself, I envy you being there for the Best Butt contest! As for the lap dance, well, when in Rome... :) Hopefully you have great memories to keep with you until your return. I'm sure there is so much more you want to see on future trips. You are fortunate to live near such an varied area.

JiEL said...

Hi dear Joe,

It was my pleasure to give you a «glimps» of what Montréal has to discover.

To visit the museums, for sure coming here on «normal» times will allow you to see them without that big crowd.

Hope you'll come back because you missed a lot of attractions Montréal has to show you.

Take care and now you'll have nice memories to dream of. (Lot of nice «butts» like...)

Friendly yours
Jean-Luc (JiEL)

Michael Dodd said...

Glad you had a great time. And since you didn't see/do everything/everyone this time, you have reasons for more adventures in the future!

naturgesetz said...

I'm glad you had a good week end. Obviously there's more worth seeing in Montréal as well as in other parts of "Greater New England." You have a lot of exploring to look forward to, as well as some good memories.

The Narrow Corner said...

I wish you had more to say about your short visit.

If Paris is indeed worth a mass, Montréal is certainly worthy of more than a quick few hurried words.

Joe said...

I could have definitely talked a lot more about my visit, but I've often been told that people don't like reading long posts, so I keep them fairly short. Maybe I will elaborate on my visit more this week.

The Narrow Corner said...

Please do. I'll be happy to read you.

Richard said...

Here is a link to everything which you need to know about a Bloody Caesar. It's essentially a Bloody Mary with the addition of Clamato, which I adore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_(cocktail)