Saturday, June 4, 2016

Moment of Zen: Cats



My landlady the other day said that I could finally have a cat. Now I just have to find one. My girls back in Alabama are safe and happy and I don't want to upset their lives, so I'm going to adopt a new kitten up here. So far, I haven't found one. I'd like to get a Siamese or Siamese mix. That's what Victoria was if you remember when I used to talk about HRH. She was a great and loyal friend and I'd like to find another who will be as loyal and comforting. I'd settle for a calico if I found the right one, and I did see a calico Siamese mix, but she was an older cat who'd been in an abusive home and I'm afraid I wouldn't be what she needed. Besides, I really want a kitten who can grow up with my love and attention. Any suggestions from those who live near me? I'm willing to travel to get the right cat.

7 comments:

Susan said...

No suggestions, Joe; just a comment. You have so much love to give. There is one lucky kitten out there waiting for you to call it "mine." :)

Michael Dodd said...

I lie nowhere near, so no suggestions. (Come to Wisconsin and I will give you two brindled tabbies, if I can sneak them out of the apartment when Tom is not looking. I would not envy you the drive back to Vermont.) But this is great news. You and the kitten will be blessed.

JiEL said...

I could suggest you some good persons up here in Montreal, but getting the cat back to Vermont could be hard with the customs.

I adopted my «Picolo» 3yo tabbie cat from a cat shelter and must tell you that he's such a loveable cat and quickly adapted to my appartement and life.

So, it's always a guess to adopt any cat. They have their own personality.
In 2014 I adopted a «Serengetti» cat who once in my place did show me no tenderness and more, he was very agressive.

Hope you'll find THE CAT for you.

Anonymous said...

Great news, Joe, and I hope you find a kitten that you like. Keep us informed on how the search is going!

The Academic

Anonymous said...

Hi,
i have read / heard it is good to get two if you live alone and work. They will have a buddy to play with while you are away. I tried this on my last adoption and they became fast friends.....and they loved it when i came home.

Good luck....









t

Anonymous said...

Great news! And don't worry too much about breed and even age; if you find the right cat, with a personality to match yours, you will be happy. We adopted our five cats as rescues and I would never look back.

Richard said...

Surely there must be an animal shelter not too far from your college?

Please, please, please seek your next cat at a shelter.