Sunday, September 2, 2012

You Are Never Alone

Joshua 1:9 (NASB)

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
I know there are times in our lives when we feel alone, but we are never alone.  God is with us.  Even if you do not believe in God, know that there is someone out there who loves you.  Even if you don't know them, they are there.  I love each and every one of my readers, even though I don't know all of you.  My late Grandmama always taught me that it was a sin to hate, that God loves us all and therefore we should likewise love all.  We may not like everyone or everything, but we should hate no one and no thing. Grandmama was a wise woman.

I may not be able to do much, but I at least attempt to bring some hope to those who read my blog.  In one way or another, we are all in the same boat, and we must love and encourage one another so that this often cruel world we live in will be a little bit better of a place to live.

5 comments:

silvereagle said...

Yes..we are all in the same boat, and I am glad you are there to lead the way up the river! Thanks for your insightful posts each day.

Kevin said...

Thanks for this :)

Will said...

In a world that is more and more filled with division, exclusion, hatred and meanness of spirit (and yes, I mean a world that contains the Republicans and their hostile, hateful Party Platform) your simple, clear and supportive statement of shared care for humanity is welcome and consoling. Thank you for this!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. In this world people need to think more like this.

Dean said...

Your late granmdmama sounds like a pretty sharp cookie. I hope she shared her wisdom with a whole lot of folks. Sorry you had to lose her.