Thursday, September 6, 2012

TMI Movies


On Sean's blog, Just a Jeep Guy, he posted on Tuesday "TMI TUESDAY QUESTIONS: LET'S GO TO THE MOVIES."  And I decided that I would once again participate.  So here we go:

LET'S GO TO THE MOVIES

1. Do you still go to the movies? Why or Why not?

I do, but it is very rarely.  I tend to wait for a movie to come out on DVD, unless I am really excited about the movie and can find the time to go see one. I love watching a movie in the theater, but sometimes it's just too much of a hassle.  Though I love the experience, I have never been a big movie goer.

2. Would you go by yourself?

Generally, I do end up going by myself, which is another reason I don't go often.

3. What was the last movie you saw? Recent recommendation?

The last movie I saw was the Hunger Games.  ( I wanted to see Magic Mike, but wasn't able to make it, because too much was going on during the time it was in the theaters.)  Hunger Games was a good movie, but it still could have been better.  The books was far superior.  That being said, since the second and third book in the series were mediocre, I'm hoping that the movies based on those books will be better.  If the movies are on par with the first movie, then they should be better than the actual second and third books of the trilogy. They could be worse, but I hope not.

4. Snacks: Buy, Bring or Boycott?

I usually buy a Coke and a bag of popcorn.  It just makes the experience better for me, even if it tends to be way overpriced. I love good salty movie theater popcorn, but no extra butter please.

5. Teenagers used to go to the movies to make out. Have you ever and if so, when was the last time?

I did when I was a teenager and in college, but I have not been to the movies on a date in years.  I probably wouldn't now anyway.

6. Have you ever gone to an adult movie theater? Did you pull a Pee Wee Herman?

Never been to an adult movie theater.  They just don't exist around here.

Bonus

Which all-time favorite movie would you pay to see on the big screen again? Of course cell phones, babies, and assholes are banned.

Hands down, without a doubt in my mind, Fried Green Tomatoes. I never had the chance to see it in the theater, but given the chance, I would be the first in line if it was shown again. I could watch this movie over and over again and never tire of it.  But to really answer the question, a movie that I saw in the theater that I would go see again...it would have to be between Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark or the latest Star Trek.  Indiana Jones makes the list mainly because I don't remember seeing it the first time, though I know we saw it in the theater.  I think it would be so cool to see it on the big screen.  Star Trek makes the list because it was truly fantastic on the big screen (I'm a bit of a Trekkie) and loses some of the effect when watched on the small screen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree about Hunger Games. I read today that Raiders is being re-released this month. Look for it!