Monday, November 25, 2019

The Train



I made it to New York City and got settled into my hotel room. I’ll be here until next Monday. I took the train down. It takes a while, but at least I don’t have to drive. It’s about a seven hour trip. I don’t mind the train. It’s relatively comfortable. It’s easy to get up and walk around. My only complaint about trains is the motion of them rocking back and forth. I usually get a little motion sick. This trip went pretty well though. It started with heavy snow in Vermont which turned to rain the further south we went. Eventually, the rain stopped and it was pretty nice in New York City. Now I get to spend a week with my friend Susan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great visit and Happy Thanksgiving!! Stay out of jail.

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Have a fun holiday with Susan.
Looking forward to stories when you return

Alexander

naturgesetz said...

Enjoy the week.

I'm happy that you took the train. It's a very civilized way to go, as you experienced. I've used it several times to get from Boston to New York and back and much prefer it to the hassle of airports.

But the rail system needs upgrading. Seven hours from Vermont to New York is much longer than it should be.