Monday, June 2, 2014

Cruising the Western Caribbean, Part I


We first set out from New Orleans, and looking around us in the terminal, I knew this would be a ship filled with hot guys.  They were literally everywhere one looked, but since technically, you are not supposed to take pictures within the terminal, I can't post any on here.  As soon as we boarded the ship, we went to the state room and then decided to sit at the bar and have a drink.


I don't remember what this drink was called, but it was delicious.  It was supposed to be the welcome aboard drink.  Looking around the Atrium Bar, I could tell that I was going to be like a kid in a candy store with all the eye candy.


The eye candy was all around, above and in front.  The DJ in the bar was a super got guy from Hungary (?).  After seeing the international crew on this ship, I've decided that I am going to have to visit Eastern Europe some day.  They are some of the hottest men I have ever seen.


The first day on the ship was fun, but the motion of the ship turning and rocking back and forth as it twisted through the Mississippi River Delta to the Gulf of Mexico was a bit rough for someone like me who has never been on a cruise before, but after the first night's sleep, I was acclimated and did fine for the most part.


The second day on the ship was a day at sea as we sailed toward Progresso.  A day at sea meant being able to sit around, have fruity cocktails and watch nearly naked hot men walk by and play in the pool.  I also spent a little time on the Serenity Deck getting some sun.  The Serenity Deck was nice because everyone had to be 21 and older.  There were at least four senior classes on our cruise, and it was best to avoid them as much as possible.  Drunk teenagers can make nice eye candy, but they get a bit annoying after a while.  Besides, the Serenity Deck had it's own more mature eye candy.


Docking in Progresso on Wednesday meant I was going to get to see the one thing I wanted to visit on this cruise: Chichen Itza.  I wrote about this ancient Mayan city last week.  Sadly, I missed Mike from Random Thoughts In My Life by one day.  He had been there on Tuesday.  I'd have loved to have met Mike, a fellow teacher, and his partner.  After a two hour informative bus ride there, we arrived at the spectacular ruins.  It was hot and humid, but I was truly in awe of the magnificence of the site, and I will discuss more about it on Wednesday, as this post is a bit long already.

Just a note, all the pictures in this post, with the exception of the top picture, are pictures taken by me.

5 comments:

silvereagle said...

Wish I had been along to hold the camera for you!!! Great Photos of a Great Trip for sure!!!

Michael Dodd said...

The tourist industry in the Dells imports hundreds of international students (many/most from Eastern Europe) to staff the rides, ticket booths, food service, etc. every summer. The natural scenery of the dells along the Wisconsin River is magnificent, and the appearance of lots of those tall, slim college-age guys improves the all-around scenic effect, making even a trip to Walmart bearable.

Mike said...

I was hard the entire time. Such hot guys on the ship.

Wish we could have met up - it would have been a lot of fun to meet you after following your blog for so long!

Did you check out the Friends of Dorothy/LGBT gatherings?

Anonymous said...

4th down. OMG! Looks like a guy I know who I've lusted after for ages.

High school seniors? You mean GRADUATES? LEGAL GUYS?! HAHAHA Sorry, I know you have morals and standards. Perhaps mine are lower, as far as looking goes! ;-)

Peace <3
Jay

Anonymous said...

Love the eye candy!