Saturday, January 16, 2016

Hope


When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all. - Psalm 34:17-19

The other day, I received the most beautiful card from a dear friend of mine. She knows how much I have struggled with my friend's death and how it nearly shattered my faith when it shattered my world. I can't say that I will ever get over this hurt and anguish that I feel each day as I miss him, but I am learning to live on and it has been friendships and messages like the one below that has helped to bring me out of the deepest of disparity that I felt. The message in the card was titled "I Prayed for You Today" and was written by Donna Fargo. The words inside the card read:

I prayed for you today, give thanks for your life, wished you the best, as the heavens to bless you with good health and happiness...

I prayed for you today. I sent you good thoughts, surrounded you with hope and faith and love. I ask your guardian angels to protect you and keep you safe from any harm and to blanket you with joy and contentment in peace and prosperity. I asked that you be guided with the wisdom to make choices to enhance your life in the awareness to make changes that are in your best interest. I wishes for you a storehouse of opportunities, the ability to meet your goals, and the joy of your own approval and acceptance. I wished for you your hearts desire, every need met, every prayer answered, and every dream come true.

I prayed for you today. I asked that you be prepared for whatever life hands you whatever you're going through. I asked that your spirit be strong and lead you and guide you each step of the way down every path you take. I asked the universe to confirm for you that you're someone very special. I asked the earth to be good to you, and I ask God to show you His perfect way. I prayed for you today.

As I was looking for more about Donna Fargo and her writings, I also came across this piece of writing which I hope will help someone else who is also grieving. This one is titled "You Will Get Your Smile Back."

When you’re feeling off-balanced or puzzled by the detours life puts in your way, trust that things will eventually get easier. Your hurts will melt into lessons learned. There will be peace and possibilities, and you will feel better again.

The twinkle will come back to your eyes. There will be a skip in your step and a big sun in your sky. The melody will play again to the song in your heart. Eventually hope will replace discouragement. There will be answers to your questions and resolutions to your conflicts.

Your smile will come back and things will get better. Just remember…those who care for you are standing with you, praying for you, and believing that there will be a favorable outcome for all you’re going through.

There is always hope still in our hearts and no tragedy can ever take away that hope because one day we will be reunited with our loved ones. As for our sorrow, we can always remember the chorus of the hymn "No Night There," which says, "God shall wipe away all tears; there's no death, no pain, nor fears; and thy count not time by years for there is no night there." The words of this chorus come from Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."