Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Hot Bath


Last night I decided to take a long hot bath.  It had been in the low 40s yesterday, and my apartment was pleasantly warm. It was the perfect time to take a bath. When we were younger, we often had toys in the tub with us, as adults we have our on built in toys, but I digress... The main thing was that I was in a good mood. As I said in yesterday's post/poem, I was in a somber mood on Sunday and Monday. To lift my spirits Sunday, I took a drive. I decided to drive somewhere that if never been, which could be almost anywhere up here, but since the Snowmageddon (Winter Storm Jonas, Snowzilla, or whatever they want to call it) was to my south, I drove north. I don't yet have my enhanced driver's license so I couldn't go into Canada yet, but I did drove up to St Albans. There isn't a lot to do up there in the winter, and besides, I just wanted to see the town where the northernmost battle of the Civil War took place.

So that was Sunday. To lift my spirits last night I took a long hot bath to relax and enjoy some quiet alone time. After that, I decided to watch Teen Wolf on MTV. I've been hesitant to watch it because it was something that my late friend and I had done together. We always watched it together and talked about it as we watched. I thought it would make me sad, but as I watched, I just continued to talk to him. We lived apart, so we used to text during the show, but this way, I just talked to him while I watched. I hope he was with me and could hear what I said.  I always know when his spirit is near because I have a happiness and contentment. I know he must be near because I don't feel an overwhelming sadness when I think of his passing, but I feel a sense of "I'm still here; I won't abandon you." This may seem silly, but I look forward to the day when I can sit with him on the streets of heaven and check out all the hot angels as they go by. It's a natural progression, we talked about the hot guys on a Teen Wolf, and you know the angels will be drop dead beautiful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we love someone a part of him lives within us, an inextinguishable flame burning in the night. It takes the right conditions to recognize the presence of him when the time is right. He will be with you always.

Michael Dodd said...

I think I quoted this before, but this post brought it to mind:
"I'll be the whisper of angels,
and I'll be the frost on your glass.
I'll be the shadows at twilight;
I'll be your first, your last."

Average gay dude said...

Have you ever done a Lush bath bomb??

Joe said...

I haven't but it sounds wonderful. I'll have to give it a try.

Amanda said...

Baths can be so relaxing and calms the mind. I'm glad you could feel your friend near. It helps to talk to them and know we'll see them again. :)