Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I'm Pulling My Hair Out


Teachers work harder than anyone else for nine months out of the year, we deserve our vacation.  There's only one problem though: everyone has something for us to do. And it's all just because they think we have planned nothing ourselves for the summer but to be lazy.  I'm here to tell you that we put off stuff for those nine months (vacations, sleep, house cleaning [at least I do for the most part], just getting some freaking rest, reading books we haven't had time for, finishing a dissertation, and the list goes on.....).  No one seems to get that.  Just like last summer, I am being pulled in a dozen different directions.  Will people ever understand?  I doubt it, but thanks guys for reading my rant.

2 comments:

fan of casey said...

Joe: At some point you just have to say "No" because if you collapse under the weight of all your commitments, you end up not helping anyone and you hurt yourself in some physical, emotional, or mental way. Stick to some prioritization and feel comfortable that have done more than your share. Don't let guilt manage your life.

You need to recharge -- kick back at Starbucks, get your favorite beverage, and flirt with the cute barista.

Anonymous said...

Here's what I just left as a comment on another blog talking about work:

I try so hard to turn off work when I walk out of the office, but it can be tough. People think school being out makes our lives easier, and in some ways it does, but it doesn't cut down the workload at all. And I get dwelling on it, and ARGH!

At least you get three months, the most I ever got was about 10 weeks, and now, it's take vacation time whenever we're not testing and therefore blacked out from taking time off!

Peace <3
Jay