Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Big Fat Greek Gay Blog: I give a damn. Do you?

For the last two Sundays I have discussed gay suicides, particularly teenage gay suicides and school bullying. Bobby at My Big Fat Greek Gay posted today about the organization WeGiveADamn.org. If you deal at all with teenagers, especially gay teenagers or those who are possibly perceived to be gay, than let them know in anyway that you can that you are there to help. You are there to listen. You are there to have their back. You are there to GIVE A DAMN!

My Big Fat Greek Gay Blog: I give a damn. Do you?: "I just read that a third gay teen in as many weeks took his life due to bullying over his sexuality. Enough is enough! Take a minute to r..."

5 comments:

fan of casey said...

Joe: Thanks for posting this. I too like you give a damn. There has been so many stories of guy suicides in the news recently. I started reading about the Trevor Project (www.thetrevorproject.org) that is a partner to this "We give a damn" campaign. Time to break out my checkbook again.

Bobby said...

Joe: Thanks so much for posting this. It's definitely important to keep spreading the message that there are people out there who can and will help. Thanks again! :-)

Joe said...

FOC: Thanks for the link to Trevor Project and your support of this blog. I can always count on you to give a damn.

Bobby: You are most welcome. We all have to do what we can.

Anonymous said...

A lot of us picked up on this last week, several blogging friends posted on it, several news agencies are starting to report on it. I hope it helps. Thanks for the new resource.

Peace <3
Jay in VA

Joe said...

It is an important message Jay. We have to keep spreading it, so that people understand that their are more options (suicide, not being one of them). There is always help.