Thursday, January 6, 2011

An Affair to Remember

Tonight, I am going to sleep with tears in my eyes.  You see, I am a hopeless romantic.  I can’t help it.  I watched one of my all time favorite movies tonight on TCM, “An Affair to Remember.”  Why is it that the greatest movies always make you want to cry at the end?  Not only this movie, but so many others that have so emotional endings, two that I can think of right off hand are “Casablanca” and “Fried Green Tomatoes.”  These are some of my top movie favorites.  If I were going to pick a favorite gay movie that always gets me at the end, it would have to be “Latter Days,” which if you haven’t seen, shame on you.  It is well worth it. 

In honor of the movie, “An Affair to Remember” here is Deborah Kerr singing the song “Love Affair” from the movie:

Deborah Kerr "An Affair To Remember"
Actually the voice is Marni Nixon, who is  a great singer and dubbed the singing for Deborah Kerr in this movie and in “The King and I,” she sounds like Kerr and it the voices were melded together to appear seamless.

No comments: