Tuesday, January 11, 2011

WAR EAGLE!!! BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

22-19
Las year when Alabama won the National Championship, I was ecstatic, but I had seen them do it before in my lifetime.  I was ecstatic when the New Orleans Saints won the Super Bowl, they deserved it.  However, I have never been as proud of a team as I am the Auburn University Tigers.  I literally cried with joy a few minutes ago when they won and my eyes are still moist.
 
WAR EAGLE!!!
 
WAR EAGLE (FIGHT SONG)

WAR EAGLE (FIGHT SONG)

War...Eagle, fly down the field, Ever to conquer, never to yield.
War...Eagle fearless and true. Fight on, you orange and blue.
Go! Go! Go!
On to vic'try, strike up the band,
Give 'em hell, give 'em hell.
Stand up and yell, Hey! War...Eagle, win for Auburn,
Power of Dixie Land!

War Eagle is the battle cry of fans of the Auburn Tigers football team of Auburn University, and fans of other Auburn teams and sometimes Auburn University in general. It is also the title of the university fight song (see below). It is a common phrase in the city of Auburn in general, along with the variation "War Damn Eagle". Since 1930, and continuously since 1960, Auburn University has also kept an actual eagle as a second mascot for Auburn athletics. However, the official mascot is Aubie the tiger, and Auburn does not have teams called "eagles" or "war eagles".

I can’t believe that the State of Alabama has had it’s top two football schools win the National Championship and the Heisman Trophy for the past two years.  I wonder if any other state has done the same.

image

Well, tonight we fucked the ducks.

No comments: