Thursday, December 26, 2013

Post-Christmas Post


Christmas is over; Santa has hung up his suit; and I am heading home.  We always end up spending Christmas Night at my parents' house, mainly because we eat so much at Christmas dinner that no one wants to drive home.  In years past, we spend time with each other on the day after Christmas, but today, we won't be doing that.  My parents will head to the hospital to check on my mother's sister, who is in critical condition with H1N1 (swine flu) and ARDS in ICU (the doctors have seen improvement in the last few days, but it's a slow process).  My sisters family has plans of their own.  I am rushing home to check on HRH.  


HRH has been acting sickly lately.  I think she has a cold, and a cat with a cold is no fun.  She's been coughing and sneezing and occasionally vomiting mucus (she's part Siamese so vomiting is a regular occurrence with this breed, so that's not that unusual).  However, she's just not acting herself.  I am going to take her to the vet this morning as soon as I can get home.  HRH is 15 years old, so I know she is quite elderly for a cat.  However, she's a wonderful companion, even if I'm one of the few living creatures this world that she loves.  HRH can be quite cranky with other animals and humans, but since she's been ill, she hasn't even bothered the other cats.  She's always here when I need her, and I am quite worried about her.

So on this day after Christmas, I ask for your prayers for my aunt to recover from her illness, my sister (who is 3 mos. pregnant) to continue to have a healthy pregnancy, and HRH to be feeling much better soon and to return to her cranky old lady status.

4 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

May all your hopes for family -- which obviously includes HRH -- come to pass in love and light.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas with family, even with illness in the troupe. I will be praying for you, HRH, and everyone in your family. The holidays are no time to be ill.

Merry Christmas!
Peace <3
Jay

silvereagle said...

My prayers are with you....as usual!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope she feels better soon. Maybe some tuna soup.