Thursday, May 30, 2019

Root Canal


I’ve been dreading this day for months. Today is the day I have to have a root nail,performed on one of my teeth. The tooth quit bothering me when I took the antibiotic my dentist prescribed, but I guess if I don’t do something the pain will come back. My dentist says these people are fast and easy. I hope he’s correct. My neighbor said it was cheaper just to have the tooth pulled. I want to keep all my teeth for as long as possible. I’m really dreading this root canal.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Wishing you all the best, Joe. And I agree with always holding onto your teeth whenever possible. Take care. <3

JiEL said...

Be confident in your dentist and be sure that with the anasthesic that you'll have, you won't feel almost nothing.

Since my teenage where I had to have orthodontic procedure for 3 years and had to have a surgery too, I no more fear dentists.

To keep all your teeth is very precious for your health and more.
My dad in the 60's had teeth issues and sadly his dentist at that time wasn't a good one.
Dad had all his teeth removed and did have dentures for the rest of his life.
(He was 88yo when he died in March 25 2014)
He always regret this decision because those dentures were a real pain in the ass.

For now, I had to invest few years ago over $7 000 in my teeth health and I'll never regret it for many reasons.

Be courageous and confident for that procedure which you'll forget about in the future.

naturgesetz said...

When I had root canals years ago, there were a couple of sharp twinges, but overall it was not torture. Hang in there.