Monday, November 12, 2018

The Fall


Yesterday as I was leaving for the Armistice Day celebration in town, I slipped on the icy outside steps leading from my apartment and fell on my back. I should have been paying closer attention to where I stepped. I got up fairly easily, but as the day dragged on, I became sorer and sorer. I’m fine; there was no major damage that I know of, but I’m still quite sore. I will probably wake up this morning even more sore, but the good thing is that I have the day off and can recuperate.

5 comments:

HuntleyBiGuy said...

Yikes! That’s really scary. The heating pad will be your friend today.

bignate said...

Oof, I hope you feel better

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better, take care of yourself Joe.

JiEL said...

That kind of ice can be very annoying ans dangerous.

Few years ago I fell directly on my back and my head hit hard too. Luckily I was wearing a thick tuque which saved my head from a big commotion.

Hope it'll get better soon.
Maybe put some «Voltarin» cream on it which is a powerful cooling and analgesic stuff nif you have it in USA.

Take care my friend.

Nikki said...

My daughter who lives in Alaska did the same thing and broke her arm and had to have surgery. The one day she wasn't wearing those crazy crampons that everyone uses in Alaska. Glad you had no broken bones@