Thursday, April 25, 2024

Feeling Better

I woke up this morning feeling better. Thank goodness because I have things I have to do at work today. It doesn’t mean my headache is gone, I’m feeling the effects of a postdrome or migraine “hangover,” which is an apt description of how I feel once the worst of my migraines ease. I'm usually achy, mentally foggy, and physically drained. I wish I could just go to bed and be able to fully recover from my migraine, but, as I said, it’s not possible with what I have to do at work today. Most of what I have to do is this morning, so if I still don’t feel well, I could possibly take the afternoon off. We’ll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The worst postdrome left me unable to think. It was worse than being drunk. I had to pause to think about everything. A visit the next day to the market that would normally have taken thirty minutes took two hours. I could not remember where anything in the store was. That was a migraine in which I went totally blind for an hour and a half. I remember sitting in a rocking chair and crying, wondering if my sight would return. As sight returned, I looked into the mirror and my normally olive complexion was replaced with white. Worst migraine ever! I can relate.

Anonymous said...

¡Terrible!

Ángel