Thursday, April 4, 2024

“Let’s Fly”

Star Trek: Discovery’s final season began being released today with episodes 1 and 2. I watched episode 1 as soon as I got up this morning. And it shows a lot of promise for the season. I’ll watch episode 2 tonight. This season already has certain ties to both TNG and DS9

Although, I haven’t always loved Discovery, it is often fun to watch. It has also been the most LGBTQ+ progressive Star Trek series ever. It has included a married gay couple as main characters, a lesbian who was widowed during the Klingon War, and a transgender and a non-binary character. I’ve especially liked that the creators did not make a big deal out introducing LGBTQ+ characters. It’s been groundbreaking Star Trek series in many ways, and I’ll miss its progressiveness of the series.

If you’re curious about this post’s title, all Star Trek captains have phrase for telling their ship to move out: Picard’s was “Engage,” Captain Pike’s is “Hit it!,” and Captain Burnham (Discovery) is “Let’s fly!”

And here’s your weekly Isabella pic:
She enjoys keeping an eye on things from the top of the kitchen cabinets.

7 comments:

uvdp said...

Isabella climbed that high by herself?
She seems a little worried: her meal is not being prepared quickly enough ?

Joe said...

I have tried to stop her, uvdp, but she's quicker than I am. She jumps on the counter, then the microwave, not top of the refrigerator, and then onto the cabinets where she roams around for a little while. At times, I have not been able to find her, and I finally look up, and there she is on top of the cabinets.

Bill said...

Thanks for the reminder. I almost forgot the new season started today.

JiEL said...

Thanks for the info on Star Trek Discovery.
Here it will air on CTV Sci-fi which is on my cable TV package.
I check it and it's already programed on my 4K recorder.
What is nice on my cable recorder is that it's keeping its recording records even when a serie has ended so the next season will be recorded.

Live long and proper.

Anonymous said...

It seems most black cats have green eyes like your Isabella. And like most cats very independent individuals with notable expressions and dispositions.:)

Rob T said...

Cats will often jump into VERY high places. Over the years many of my babies have been like Isabella. High perches give them a way to see the entire world below them.

Anonymous said...

¡¡Isabel está preciosa desde su atalaya!! Es como un policía controlando la seguridad en el hogar.
En todos mis canales de cable en España no tengo la posibilidad de ver Star Treck. Reconozco que me encantaban los primeros capítulos de la serie, al comienzo en los años 60 o 70 mucho más que los actuales, pero me gustaría poder verlos. Estoy harto de series de as y de series de paramédicos que es lo que actualmente llenan todos los canales de cable en mi zona.

Ángel